freetds - Re: [freetds] Configure Build so OpenSSL is statically linked

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Configure Build so OpenSSL is statically linked
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:49:22 +0100

Hi,
I suppose you want only OpenSSL static, rest dynamic.
Usually you first compile/install the static library, then tell configure
where/how to find the static compiled library.
Usually ./configure --help can help. In this case there are --with-openssl
(flag) and OPENSSL_CFLAGS/OPENSSL_LIBS
(environment) to play with. To be complete I would add PKG_CONFIG_xxx
environments (as configure is using
pkg-config also) but usually it is not necessary to use these.
If you are using Unix an alternative could be the usage of LD_RUN_PATH.
This environment is used by the linker
automatically and tells the executable where to find libraries.
What's the environment? Linux, Windows, MacOS or any other?

Regards,
Frediano