freetds - Re: [freetds] Failure to build on OSX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Igor Korot <ikorot01 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Failure to build on OSX
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 00:48:56 -0600

Sorry, I accidentally hit "Send"...

Frediano,
Sorry for the top-posting.
Here are my observations:

The configure script requires the directory where isql.h is

On my system is in:

[code]
Igors-MacBook-Air:/ igorkorot$ find . -name isql.h
find: ./usr/sbin/authserver: Permission denied
./usr/local/iODBC/include/isql.h
find: ./.Spotlight-V100: Permission denied
find: ./Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls/Users:
Permission denied
find: ./Library/Application Support/Apple/AssetCache/Data: Permission denied
find: ./Library/Application Support/ApplePushService: Permission denied
./Library/Frameworks/iODBC.framework/Versions/3.52/Headers/isql.h
[/code]

And so running:

[code]
Igors-MacBook-Air:freetds igorkorot$ ./configure --enable-odbc
--enable-debug --enable-odbc-wide --with-iodbc=/usr/local/iODBC/
[/code]

succeeded.

However, running "make" after that, results in:

[code]
Making all in odbc
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make all-recursive
Making all in .
CC odbc.lo
In file included from odbc.c:38:
In file included from ../../include/freetds/odbc.h:36:
/usr/local/iODBC//include/isql.h:84:10: fatal error: 'iODBC/sql.h'
file not found
#include <iODBC/sql.h>
1 error generated.
make[4]: *** [odbc.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[/code]

So, any help fixing this/properly running configure & make?

Thank you.