freetds - [freetds] OpenSSL while cross-compiling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Niklas Saers <niklas AT saers.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] OpenSSL while cross-compiling
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 16:36:06 +0200

Hi,
I think I’ve identified a problem. I’ve built LibreSSL for iOS (arm64), iOS
Simulator (x86_64 and arm64), macOS Catalyst (x86_64 and arm64) and macOS
(x86_64 and arm64) (blog post
<http://www.saers.com/dbclient/blog/files/libressl-xcframework.html> - GitHub
repo <https://github.com/build-xcframeworks/libressl> - binaries
<https://github.com/build-xcframeworks/libressl/releases>), and I now want to
compile FreeTDS for these architectures. But when doing so, I run into:

checking for OPENSSL... no
configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL libraries

However, if I take out the configure line

if test "$cross_compiling" != "yes"; then I have myself a well-building
freetds. Or at least, that’s what I assume. :-) Could we change this
configure message to, rather than just not building for OpenSSL when
cross-compiling, only accepting the passed directory value instead of also
looking at /usr/local/ssl, /usr/lib/ssl, /usr/ssl, /usr/pkg, /usr/local and
/usr when cross-compiling? Are there other drawbacks I’m missing?

Cheers

Niklas

  • [freetds] OpenSSL while cross-compiling, Niklas Saers, 10/21/2020