freetds - Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Installing freetds-1.1.20 on HPUX 11.31
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:11:54 +0100

Il giorno dom 26 apr 2020 alle ore 20:24 todd thompson
<toddthomp AT hotmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> The articles I've found in google searches keep pointing to this site
> (http://www.freetds.org/userguide/) but haven't been able to find something
> specific for HPUX 11.31 or just HPUX. I've installed freetds on RHEL 6.10
> but I've read a couple articles saying the configure statement (i.e.
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/cloudhost/apache/www/cgi-bin/webutils/freetds
> with-tdsver=auto) is different so I'm mainly looking for the configure
> statement because I think the make and make install commands are the same.
>
> Thanks ahead of time.
>
> Todd

Hi,
there's nothing special to be done for HP-UX, you should be able to
use the standard configure/make.
Somebody reported an issue with the standard preprocessor which is not
C compatible (neither C89 nor C99), if this is the case use another
preprocessor/compiler (like gcc).
For any issue you can report here.
In the past I had access to HP-UX machine but not anymore (it was
about 8 years ago).

Regards,
Frediano