freetds - Re: [freetds] Cross-compiling for Mac Catalyst

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Niklas Saers <niklas AT saers.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Cross-compiling for Mac Catalyst
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:16:04 +0100

Hi Frediano,
No, I haven’t made any progress, and I’d really appreciate some help. :-)

The build script go.sh in https://github.com/niklassaers/freetds-ios
<https://github.com/niklassaers/freetds-ios> will download FreeDTS, and build
it from clean. So unless I’ve done something odd, I don’t think there should
be leftovers from an old build. I just verified it by downloading the repo to
an clean dir and running it. I still get the same error:

ld: building for Mac Catalyst, but linking in dylib built for macOS, file
'../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.dylib' for architecture x86_64h

If you’re on a Mac running Catalina, would you mind downloading the repo and
running go.sh ? I expect you’ll get the same error, but perhaps you’ll have a
better understanding as to why it comes?

PS, Mac Catalyst architecture is x86_64-apple-ios13.0-macabi - no arm involved

Cheers

Niklas