freetds - [freetds] Cross-compiling for Mac Catalyst

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Niklas Saers <niklas AT saers.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Cross-compiling for Mac Catalyst
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:16:47 +0100

Hi,
First of all thanks for all the hard work that has been put into this
project, and thank you very much for letting me join the list.

I'm trying to cross-compile FreeTDS for the different iOS platforms and for
Mac Catalyst. I've made a project with my scripts at
https://github.com/niklassaers/freetds-ios

If you clone it and run go.sh, it compiles iOS versions for arm64e, arm64,
armv7s, armv7 and the simulator, plus a catalyst version. It goes seemingly
fine for the iOS versions, but for Mac Catalyst, I get the following error:

ld: building for Mac Catalyst, but linking in dylib built for macOS, file
'../../dblib/.libs/libsybdb.dylib' for architecture x86_64h

Any idea why I get this linker error, and how I can resolve it?

My build script for the Mac Catalyst build by itself is here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/niklassaers/freetds-ios/master/build-catalyst-2.sh

Cheers

Niklas

  • [freetds] Cross-compiling for Mac Catalyst, Niklas Saers, 02/26/2020