freetds - [freetds] Issues authenticating with freebcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Axel Vestin" <axel.vestin AT learningwell.se>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Issues authenticating with freebcp
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 07:12:46 -0000

Hello! Thanks for letting me join! :)

I've tried to configure my e-mail client to use plaintext, hopefully there
are no issues.

I've run into some problems trying to use freebcp to dump a table from an
SQL Server 2012, and after reading the documentation on freetds.org, I'm
out of ideas.

Using tsql(with the same username, password, etc) everything works fine
from the same machine. This is an NT domain style login, i.e the user is
"domain\username". From what I can gather, there's a maximum length of 30
characters for the authentication fields?

I'm using Debian 8.11, and freetds from Debian's repository, version
0.91-6+b1.

$ uname -a
Linux rayleigh 3.18.16-rt13 #5 SMP PREEMPT RT Mon Feb 13 14:58:54 CET 2017
i686 GNU/Linux

This is the output from freebcp:

avext@rayleigh:~/programming/freetds_test$ freebcp pqinfo.blandzon_aspec
out test.txt -c -S $(cat server.txt) -U $(cat user.txt) -P $(cat password.txt)
Msg 20042, Level 2
Name too long for LOGINREC field

Msg 18452, Level 14, State 1
Server 'SRV00852\SRV00852', Line 1
Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be
used with Windows authentication.
Msg 18452, Level 14
General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server

Msg 20002, Level 9
Adaptive Server connection failed

Can't connect to server "SRV00852".

I'm thankful for any help!

/Axel Vestin

  • [freetds] Issues authenticating with freebcp, Axel Vestin, 05/28/2019