freetds - Re: [freetds] Debugging

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Debugging
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 18:31:52 +0100

Il giorno dom 14 ott 2018 alle ore 18:16 Igor Korot
<ikorot01 AT gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi, Frediano,
> The page at https://docs.huihoo.com/freetds/user-guide/config.htm states:
>
> [quote]
> --disable-debug
>
> Debug-mode compiles are enabled by default, and will remain so at
> least until version 1.0. You can speed things up ever so slightly by
> disabling it.
> [/quote]
>
> Does this mean that starting from the version 1.00 debug builds are
> disabled by default? Or they are still enabled?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,
I would say good catch. They are still enabled by default. They
enabled some assert in the code.
I don't think would change much disabling them.
The --enable-extra-checks (which actually is ignored if
--disable-debug is used) is MUCH more
expensive.
I think Windows build by default have these debug disabled.

Frediano