freetds - Re: [freetds] License

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] License
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:30:30 +0100

> Hi,
> Is it OK to include the source code of freeTDS in my Software GitHub?
> Or it has to be DLL only?

The main libraries are covered by LGPL. You can include them if your software
is
OpenSource. You don't need to be LGPL too, the main requirement is being able
to change the LGPL part, would be also fine if your code was only in
binary format
linking with the LGPL sources.
For more information see license.

> On top of that - is there MSVC project/solution I can use to build the
> library?

You can create any project file you need with cmake. I think newer Visual
Studio
has embedded cmake support, if not just download and install cmake.

> Thank you.

Frediano

  • [freetds] License, Igor Korot, 06/28/2018
    • Re: [freetds] License, Frediano Ziglio, 06/29/2018