freetds - Re: [freetds] Reintegrating years of local FreeTDS changes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Aaron Ucko <ucko AT ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Reintegrating years of local FreeTDS changes
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:32:11 -0400

Responding inline.

Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com> writes:

> Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the review! These warnings, however, are all preexisting --
only one (from tds_bcp_send_record in src/tds/bulk.c) pertains to a
function I touched at all, and even then I left the relevant portions
alone. That said, I could of course still tweak my big warnings-cleanup
commit to include fixes, and will be happy to do so if I have to revise
any other commits anyway.

> bulk.c: In function 'tds_bcp_send_record':
> bulk.c:622:23: warning: 'bitpos' may be used uninitialized in this function
> [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

By my reading of this code, this warning is spurious, though I suppose
it would be cheap enough to give bitpos a formal initializer to shut the
compiler up. ;-)

--
Aaron Ucko <ucko at ncbi>, NCBI C++ Toolkit core development group