freetds - [freetds] Escape sequences on output data

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Desmond Coertzen <patrolliekaptein AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Escape sequences on output data
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 14:14:09 +0200

Hi there,

I use freetds heavily to cart data backwards and forwards between mssql
systems and linux based systems. I have encountered a problem with mssql
character fields that contain control characters like tabs, CR, LF etc.
TSQL outputs these in raw format always. Is there -o options available
where escape sequences can be turned on or off?

I have gone far with replace and quotename functions built into the
queries, but it convoluted my scripts.I was hoping freetds has a built-in /
native solution to enable/disable escaping at will.

Thanks.