freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase Connection - trouble without protocol fallback

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase Connection - trouble without protocol fallback
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:47:19 +0100

> Yesterday, i have compiled freetds from a fresh pull of the git master
> branch on CentOS7.
>
> Trying to connect to a sybase service, using a freetds.conf entry, the
> connection always failed with "Login incorrect.". Testing using fisql
> with -Hhost:port was successfully connecting.
>
> After twiddling around, we found out that:
>
> - Connecting via freetds.conf works if the "tds protocol = 5" entry is
> removed. Removing it, enables the protocol fallback from 7.3 downwards.

"tds protocol" does not exist. Old versions ignore any additional not
supported options.

> Using „tds version = 5.0“ always fails after first response packet.

What does it mean? That FreeTDS send a packet and then the login fails?
Are you getting some feedback from the server?
Have you tried tsql and TDSVER=5.0 (environment variable) ?

> Any suggestions ?

Try to use TDSDUMPCONFIG or TDSDUMP if this shed some light.
You can post (privately if you want) some dumps (should not be really
long as login is failing).

Frediano