freetds - Re: [freetds] missing divide by zero error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <james.k.lowden AT icloud.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] missing divide by zero error
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:15:54 -0400

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:09:27 -0400
Adam Baratz <adam.baratz AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I dug into this issue some more. I had misread the log. There was an
> info response with a "Division by zero occurred." message following
> the result. My handler ignored it because it came with a severity of
> 0. The message number, 3607, came through correctly.

That's odd. The severity level comes from the server, and is
documented to be 10, not 0.

Your log file includes the packet as received from the server. If you
determine that the server actually sent a severity of zero (which
vaguely ISTR seeing, too) that would be interesting. If the server
sent a severity of 10 and your handler was called with 0, that would be
a bug.