freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2016 support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server 2016 support
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:23:05 -0000

> In fact from time to time the connection to SQL Server 2016 fails.
>
> No idea if this is a server issue or FreeTDS bug, but it occurs only with
> FreeTDS.
>
> We do the same tests with Easysoft's ODBC driver for SQL Server and no
> problem with that one.
>
> Attached the TDSDUMP... hopefully this can help.
>
> Seb

Quite a mystery I would say.
Looks like that during TLS initialization (just before saying ok)
server drop the connection.
The TLS packets looks the same, the content obviously is not as
contains keys and encrypted
data.
Could be that the library (either OpenSSL or GnuTLS) you are using on
the client craft some
not so secure keys and server refuse them?
Does the server report some error in the log?
How often does this happen?
I checked and the flag the client/server agree on is the same (0).

Frediano