freetds - [freetds] defncopy query "order by" different for ASE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Kendall <john AT capps.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] defncopy query "order by" different for ASE
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 23:55:43 +0000

Hi, all.
Line 224 of defncopy.c is:

" order by c.number, c.colid"

This is the correct for MS SQL, but not for ASE. For ASE it should be:

" order by c.number, c.colid2, c.colid"

Since most objects stored in syscomments are small, leaving out colid2 is not
a problem. But very large objects will display incorrectly. As you might
expect, I recently ran into this problem. :)

It should be a quick patch, but I'm not sure the best way to determine if the
server is ASE and MS SQL.

Thanks,
John