freetds - [freetds] Another defncopy patch - check dbopen results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nem W Schlecht <nem AT emptec.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Another defncopy patch - check dbopen results
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:20:24 -0500

I have another defncopy patch to fix another issue. The results from
dbopen() are just checked with an assert() call. Thus, if I type in
the wrong database name, username, whatever, I get a core dump that I
have to clean up from a typo on my part. What do you all think of a
quick check/message/exit, similar to what happens with tsql?

Patch attached. Just checks to see if dbproc has a value. If not,
prints an error message and exit(1)s. Otherwise, continues on.

I deal with a lot of servers and a lot of usernames/passwords, so this
one hits me fairly often.

--
Nem W Schlecht
"Perl did the magic. I just waved the wand."