freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 1.0 Released!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jacopille, David" <DJacopille AT MFS.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 1.0 Released!
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 21:43:06 -0000

Frediano and all,

Thank you for the long term hard work.

I wish there was a way to convey the quantity of work sitting on the
shoulders of a solid FreeTDS implementation.

Without being able to measure the benefit you may not know the gratitude
deserved. It’s surely a staggering amount.

Dave Jacopille

On 5/18/16, 4:41 PM, "FreeTDS on behalf of Frediano Ziglio"
<freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> finally ready. Changes (from NEWS file)
>

>User visible (not in a particular order):
>- Removed "8.0" from protocol version string accepted. Please
> update configuration files;
>- Default protocol version is now auto. This could slow down
> connection but make user experience less painful;
>- Sybase encrypted login. Set encryption to get it;
>- Support protocol version 7.4;
>- Add intent support to specify we don't want to change data;
>- Allow to attach database file during the login (MS SQL Server);
>- Support for Sybase time/date/bigdate/bigdatetime;
>- Pool is working again;
>- ODBC BCP (not complete);
>- Improved dbconvert and dbconvert_ps (more compatible);
>- Fixed dbspid;
>- Improved ODBC type information;
>- Better certificate verification;
>- AppVeyor is used for every build;
>- Try all IPs from DNS. This allows SQL Cluster connection
> to secondary servers.
>
>Implementation:
>- Removed Nmake support;
>- Type conversions simplified;
>- Better type handle code.
>

>Frediano
MFS Email system made the following annotation
This email communication and any attachments may contain proprietary,
confidential, or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email in error
and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it
or its contents is prohibited. The sender does not waive confidentiality or
any privilege by mistransmission. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately, delete this email, and destroy all
copies and any attachments.