freetds - Re: [freetds] Need help with build on Windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Need help with build on Windows
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:52:54 -0300

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Velichko Yuriy <velichko.yuriy AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​Hello!
>
> I've downloaded ​the latest version of FreeTDS, configured and builded it
> with CMake and Visual Studio 2013.
>
> I need to use only db-lib as a static library.
> So I copied it to the project and linked with it.
>
> But on building the project I have got link errors like this:
>
> : unresolved external symbol _tdsdump_open referenced in function
> _tdsdbopen
> C:\.......\db-lib.lib(dblib.obj)
>
> ​I can't find out how to fix this issue.
> Help me please! )
>
> Thanks!​

You can download FreeTDS binaries for Windows from AppVeyor (the hosted CI
platform used).

There is a .zip file available as artifact of every sucessful build.

The list of builds: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FreeTDS/freetds/history

You can find there builds of code in the master banch and (from time to
time) builds from the post-0.95 release fixes-only Branch-0_95 branch.

A recent sucessful build:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FreeTDS/freetds/build/448

Every build matrix element generates its artifact. e.g. for x86_64 builds
with Visual Studio 2015:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FreeTDS/freetds/build/448/job/5a8osy4ey1bqir03
and the resulting zip file:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/FreeTDS/freetds/build/448/job/5a8osy4ey1bqir03/artifacts

I also maintain similar builds of the Branch-0_95 branch at
https://github.com/ramiro/freetds/releases

If you don't want or can't use binaries built by third parties then the
appveyor.yml file and associated files (find them on the source tree) can
be of help as a source of information and experience to avoid common
pitfalls/pain points when building FreeTDS on Windows.

HTH

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales