freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling Against FreeTDS 0.95 w/7.3 TDSVER Features Possible?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Collins <ken AT metaskills.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling Against FreeTDS 0.95 w/7.3 TDSVER Features Possible?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 15:14:29 -0500

I am in the process of upgrading the Ruby C extensions to FreeTDS from 0.91
to 0.95.

The primary goal is to also support using TDSVER 7.3 and the newly supported
2008 data types.

Is this possible to use these new types in 0.95 when many of the types are
not defined in sybdb.h? For example here is a diff of that file when
comparing 0.95 to master.
https://gist.github.com/metaskills/4c9900c3d1078e5c4763

For example, I can see that dbcoltype() is returning integers that match
these below. I can even see the binary data, but I am unsure how what API
functions I need to use this data. So far dbdatecrack() is not working. Any
recommendations?

SYBMSDATE = 40

SYBMSTIME = 41

SYBMSDATETIME2 = 42