freetds - Re: [freetds] Encrypted passwords

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Beau Hodges <indefinitedrums AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Encrypted passwords
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:15:58 -0500

Ray,

In the past I had to use the sybase libs to support a feature not
found in freetds(until Frediano put it in :D)

If you download the ase dev edition 16, you can use the OpenClient
libraries for use with sqsh(for shell scripting). Not sure about perl,
but it also works for sybase_ct in php. It may allow you to use
encrypted passwords. You're welcome to email me direct if you'd like
more info.
Sent from my iPhone