freetds - Re: [freetds] Symlinks for nightly tarballs, Windows builds via Appveyor CI platform

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Symlinks for nightly tarballs, Windows builds via Appveyor CI platform
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:48:41 -0300

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Ramiro Morales <cramm0 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found the files published under ftp://ftp.freetds.org/pub/freetds/ and
> their symlinks suffer from some issues:
>
> a. In current/ subdir: Newest snapshot as of now is
> freetds-dev.0.92.1014.tar.gz created on Apr 9 2015 which seems to be
> correct as the last commit to master branch is around such date but the
> freetds-current.tgz tarball actually poins to freetds-dev.0.92.990 from
> March 24.
>
> b. (nitpick) no freetds-current.tar.bz2 symlink is published.

One more I forgot:

c. In stable/ subdir: The freetds-patched.tgz symlink points to an old
snapshot from the Branch-0_91 branch as of Jun 24 2012 (it contanins a
freetds-0.91.dev.20120624/ tree). It'd great if it pointed to a
tarball of the actual tip of such branch.

> [...]
>
> Something similar can be implemented for Linux CI builds using services of
> other similar companies like TravisCI/CircleCI, but in these cases test
> suite execution would need to be pointed to a SQL Server instance hosted
> somewhere else just like Marc Abramowitz implemented for pymssql some time
> ago.

I see now there has been already work on this
https://travis-ci.org/FreeTDS/freetds/branches by Marc and other
individuals.

Regards,

--