freetds - Re: [freetds] Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with results pending

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with results pending
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:35:42 +0000

>>> This patch fix the problem. Wrote a small test to reproduce. Testing
>>> right now.
>

> Hi Frediano,
> I can confirm, that your patch fixed the problem.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Only thing, that I do not fully understand is, why in same situation (with
> same TDS = 7.3):
> "IF @@TRANCOUNT>0 ROLLBACK" followed by "BEGIN TRANSACTION" does NOT work,
> but
> "ROLLBACK" followed by "BEGIN TRANSACTION" does work ?
>
> I attach logs from both situations.
>
> Thanks
> Bye
> -Laco.

Hi,
is it still failing? I wrote this change (you should already have a
snapshot now)
https://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/commit/03600a47d3975f8cb43d9bc395ec7b9d39a1ec72.
It contains a test.

Basically the reply from server is in one case DONE, ENV_CHANGE, DONE
while in the other is ENV_CHANGE, DONE. Could be that FreeTDS expect
upper library to handle one DONE as a results.

Frediano