freetds - Re: [freetds] Next stable release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Next stable release
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:08:52 +0000

> Hi,
> is there any plan, or time estimation for next (post 0.91) stable release of
> FreeTDS ?
> (as it is more than 3 years after 0.91 was released)
> If not, then is current git master stable enough?
> (or are there any work in progress changes?)
> Thanks
> -Laco.

Hi,
I have to say that the code state is quite in a wonderful state.
Unfortunately the project state is not. James mainly left the project
so I'm the only guy left. I still miss some access (for instance the
snapshots work not correctly but I can't actually fix them).

The code. Tests are more and run better than 0.91. There are many
improvements and mssql 2008 protocol is supported. dblib can handle
newer protocols (beside some small restrictions due to protocol
changes). The only reasons current tests does not fully pass are not
regressions (same tests would fail on 0.91) and are due to very
restrictive checks.

Regards,
Frediano