freetds - [freetds] How to hash of the password string for query?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Velichko Yuriy <velichko.yuriy AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How to hash of the password string for query?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:12:36 +0200

Hello! Sorry if this question is offtop in this list, but I hope that you
can help me.

I use freetds to communicate with SQL Server.
To create a server login I should to use query

CREATE LOGIN ... PASSWORD hashed_password HASHED

Advise me, please, how should I get the hashed_password properly? May be
there is a particular function in freetds for this purpose?

Thanks!