freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds async usage

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <msabramo AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds async usage
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:46:33 -0800

In the specific case of Python, I happen to know that pymssql supports
concurrency through gevent, because I added it. That was trivial to add,
because FreeTDS gives the file descriptor it's waiting on and gevent can be
told to run other greenlets until that file descriptor has data ready to read.

That's Python but if you're using some other platform (which?), you might get
some ideas by cribbing from pymssql. And perhaps I might get some ideas by
looking at what you do - maybe you'll improve upon it - so let me know if you
go that route.

If you want more details, let me know. There was also a thread around that
time about async where I inquired similarly to you and James K. Lowden
responded with some thoughts. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll see
if I have it in my notes.

-Marc
http://marc-abramowitz.com
Sent from my iPhone 4S