freetds - Re: [freetds] Does logging work on Windows XP?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: richard AT xentu.com
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Does logging work on Windows XP?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:00:45 +0100

On 2014-04-21 15:36, Ramiro Morales wrote:

Logging worked so this is another data point that'd suggest your
problem is a FS permisson thing.

Well, the application trying to use freetds is the first thing I've tried writing using Lazarus. I have two dll files, freetds.conf & the Lazarus app all in the same directory:

dblib.dll
libiconv2.dll
freetds.conf
project1.exe

Provided encryption at the server end is switched off (and it's problems with that which make me want to see the logs), the app connects & gets a grid full of data from the remote MSSQL database. So, it must be reading freetds.conf file.

I'm just logged in as myself & invoking project1.exe. I certainly have permissions to create files anywhere. I did try locations other than c:\freetds.log, including just
dump file = freetds.log
thinking that might generate the log in the same directory as the application.

Would that not rule out file permissions as the source of the problem?

Richard