freetds - Re: [freetds] Fwd: [Still Failing] FreeTDS/freetds#61 (master - 03b8a23)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fwd: [Still Failing] FreeTDS/freetds#61 (master - 03b8a23)
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 22:00:49 +0000

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Not sure if folks are seeing the test failures or not.
>> >
>> > Should I set the Travis CI email to this list?
>> >

>> No. Perhaps would be better to have another mailing list so people can
>> decide to not subscribe if not want to receive these kind of mails.
>>

> OK. If you create the mailing list and let me know the address, I'll update
> it. Or you can just commit it in .travis.yml.

I actually don't know the account for mail stuff, James will create it.

>> Honestly however the report does not help that much to fix the
>> problem. Considering
>> https://travis-ci.org/FreeTDS/freetds/builds/18948700 well... why does
>> t0004 test fail ? Where is the output ? Where is the dump ? Anyway, I
>> fixed the problem... seems that some extra checks hidden more errors
>> that what they should reveal!
>>

> Agreed. I don't see anything too helpful there for fixing the problem. Did
> you get more helpful info when you run the tests locally? Because if you
> do, then I can look into why Travis isn't showing anything helpful. If
> running the tests locally doesn't pinpoint the problem, then that is
> probably more of an issue with the tests.

Well,

output will look something like
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/up/out92/test/dblib_t0016.2.html (red
is the error stream the fixed black characters is the normal stdout
stream).

The script I use (misc/full-test.sh) produce also output with
valgrind, see http://freetds.sourceforge.net/up/out92/test/dblib_t0016.1.html
for an example.

misc/test-auto.sh script configure, build and run tests using
misc/full-test.sh as a wrapper for every test (defining
TESTS_ENVIRONMENT). The output mainly get a single file you can split
in multiple ones. misc/online.pl then split this output to produce
something like http://freetds.sourceforge.net/up/out92/test/

Frediano