freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL Server UTF-16 characters with FreeTDS 0.91

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Burkhard AT habmalnefrage.de
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL Server UTF-16 characters with FreeTDS 0.91
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:35:37 +0100

(resending as plain text - used HTML before which seemed to cause problems)

Hello,

A few years ago (time flies), I got a very helpful suggestion from this list
on how to patch freetds 0.82 in order to handle UTF-16 characters in BMP-1
correctly (i.e. characters outside the UCS-2 two byte range). See
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/freetds/2010q3/026240.html .

This has been working well for me since then. Now, I need to upgrade to 0.91,
and I'm seeing that the problem still exists. There have been some changes to
iconv.c in the meantime. Is it still safe to make the changes to 0.91 in a
way similar to what you suggested back then for 0.82?

In this quarter's mailing list archive, I'm seeing that just a few days ago
you have been discussing changes to the iconv related code in freetds. Maybe
this could be a good time also to integrate a change related to this problem?

Best Regards,
Burkhard