freetds - [freetds] Freetds connecting to SQL server running under a domain account

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ganesh Ranganathan <ganesh.ranganathan.85 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Freetds connecting to SQL server running under a domain account
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:44:46 +0530

Hi ,

In my company we have two servers. In one SQL Service is running the local
system account and in another it is running under a domain account

I am able to connect freetds to the one running under the local system
account but it doesnt work when the Sql Server service is running under a
domain account.

In the first case the SPN (Server principal name is registered to the host
itself but in second case it is registered to the domain account under
which it runs. any pointers on how to solve

Thanks
Ganesh