freetds - [freetds] Windows 7 x64 builds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sebastian Bachmann <me AT free-minds.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Windows 7 x64 builds
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:49:18 +0100

Hi,
I was in the need to compile the freetds libs on my windows machine to do some patching in the pymssql lib, which uses freetds.
Now the problem with that is, that the stable version 0.92.79 cannot be compiled with VS 9.0 or higher, because it uses Functions from VS6.0(?) like '_vsnprintf' and the latest dev versions have a broken Nmakefile, for example are objects missing like db-lib/dbpivot. If i add them to the build these errors go away but others pop up like a lot of compile errors in getaddrinfo.c...

I think all these errors are mostly low hanging fruits and i probably can fix them, but for that i would need to read into the whole code a bit... Which i will probably do but currently my time is limited and i just need a working db-lib.lib and tds.lib for building this python module.

is there any quick fix or a new Nmakefile i can use or any hints that can help me to fix it?

thanks a lot!

-sebastian