freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS library 30 character password limitation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Vipul Sharma <vipsharma.sharma AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS library 30 character password limitation
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:43:24 +0530

Hi,

I tried connecting to sql server using a password whose length is more than
30 characters and it is failing. I am using the dbopen() API to connect.
After searching the freetds dblib code, found that
${top_dir}/include/tds.hhas this line in it which is causing the
problem:

*#define TDS_MAX_LOGIN_STR_SZ 30 *

The field length is somehow limited to 30 characters and making the value
to 128 apparently fixes the issue just for now.

Just wanted to know,

- If this 30 characters limitations is documented somewhere ?

- Is it safe to simply increase the value to 128 for now to work around the
limitation for now..

*Note *: I am interested to connect just using the TDS 7.1 version.

Any pointers around this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance ,