freetds - Re: [freetds] Supported SQL Server versions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Supported SQL Server versions
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:49:26 -0400

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:51:36 +0200
Sebastien FLAESCH <sf AT 4js.com> wrote:

> - What versions of SQL Server are supported today by FreeTDS?
>
> - What are the limitations (for ex, which new data types are not
> supported)?
>
> - Where can we find this in the docs?

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/choosingtdsprotocol.htm

There is no one table that lists every datatype by TDS version and
whether it's supported in FreeTDS. As far as I know, though, all TDS
7.2 types are fully supported, meaning that FreeTDS can parse and
convert any datatype that comes down the wire.

That's for the current release. In the development branch, Frediano
largely has 7.3 working in ODBC. Work is needed on the db-lib side
and, ideally, for ct-lib, too, although it's been a dog's age since
anyone's picked up that baton.