freetds - [freetds] problems using freetds with php & unixodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Axel Westhagen <axel.westhagen AT limbas.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] problems using freetds with php & unixodbc
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 14:57:28 +0200

Hello,

I use freetds with php SQLServer2008 and unixodbc
generally it works great, but I have problems with errors and numeric fields
with NULL values.

As example I use "SELECT SUM(FIELD) FROM VIEW".
-with tsql in commandline it works fine.
-with iodbc in commandline it works fine.
-with php I get a "No tuples available at this result index" error.

When I change the query to prevent NULLs with the COALESCE function it works
with php too.
Is there a workaround for this behavior and what can I do for make the error
messages readable?

thanks a lot

Axel