freetds - Re: [freetds] Possible regression from 0.82 to 0.91: dbpoll function not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Possible regression from 0.82 to 0.91: dbpoll function not found
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:41:01 -0400

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:42:05 -0600
jonesd AT xmission.com wrote:

> I'm trying to build OpenDBX 1.4.6 using FreeTDS to supply
> the SQL Server backend. I encountered no problems doing so with
> FreeTDS 0.82. With FreeTDS 0.91, I'm receiving the following error
> during make.
> mssql_basic.c:324:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'dbpoll' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

dbpoll() is defined in dblib.c, but is not implemented. It is
now guarded by DBLIB_UNIMPLEMENTED.

If you define that symbol, I suspect OpenDBX will compile and link.
However, it may not *work* correctly because all the function does is
check its arguments. If OpenDBX doesn't call it, I recommend removing
references to it. If it does call dbpoll(), it should either be
modified not to, or someone will have to implement the function.

HTH.