freetds - [freetds] nvarchar conversion issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vann, David" <dvann2 AT valleyhealthlink.com>
  • To: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] nvarchar conversion issue
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:50:11 +0000

I'm running a query against a SQL Server 2008 table that has nvarchar
columns. It's returning the data from within an oracle sqlplus query with
extra spaces. "Bill Smith" is queried as "B i l l S m i t h".

I've tried several "client charset" settings in the freetds.conf file but
nothing seems to work. I've also tried various HS_NLS_NCHAR settings in the
initCardHolders.ora. Just not having much luck. Has anyone been able to
address this issue and if so how?

Here is the current setting:
[CardHolders]
host = xxxxxx.com
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0
client charset = UTF-8

Information Services
220 Campus Blvd, Suite 320
Winchester, VA 22601
W:540 536-3213
C:540 532-8309
F:540 536-8989
dvann2 AT valleyhealthlink.com<mailto:dvann2 AT valleyhealthlink.com>