freetds - Re: [freetds] Git master doesn't resolve the host.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Git master doesn't resolve the host.
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:12:14 -0400

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:14:59 -0430
arielCo <arielco AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking of the dump, as I said in my first mail, the dump hasn't been
> opened by the time some calls to tdsdump_log are made so the messages
> are lost quietly. Maybe we should address that later.

Yes, it's been an issue for a long time. The dump file is opened
per-connection, so some of the pre-connection activity can't be
logged. Usually this isn't really a problem, because most problems
aren't in the library proper, but in the interaction with the server,
and it has the advantage of automatically truncating the log on every
connection. But it has its awkwark moments, including initialization
issues and on webservers, where a per-connection log is useless.