freetds - Re: [freetds] Status of support for Time type

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Randy Syring <rsyring AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status of support for Time type
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:46:04 -0400

Frediano,

I'm trying to handle this issue:

http://code.google.com/p/pymssql/issues/detail?id=103

The user is asking to be able to pass in a Python time type. I'd only want to allow this if the underlying server/protocal handles the time column. That is, I don't want to be accepting a time data type and then converting to store in a datetime field. I realize it would work, but I want the developer using the library to make that decision.

So, it sounds like read support is there. But write support is questionable?

*Randy Syring*
Development | Executive Director
Direct: 502.276.0459
Office: 812.285.8766
Level 12 Technologies <https://www.lev12.com/>
/Principled People | Technology that Works/