freetds - [freetds] SQL_DESC_UNSIGNED column attribute returns the wrong value for tinyint SQL Server columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sergio delaCruz <sergio.delacruz AT oracle.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL_DESC_UNSIGNED column attribute returns the wrong value for tinyint SQL Server columns
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 16:03:22 -0600

Hi:

I'm a developer for MySQL Workbench. We support FreeTDS to communicate with MS SQL Server and Sybase ASE in our Migration Wizard.

When dealing with a bug in our codebase (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68084) we realized that the return value that we get when requesting the SQL_DESC_UNSIGNED attribute via the SQLColAttribute function for a SQL Server TINYINT column differs from what one would expect (SQL_TRUE). Microsoft's drivers return the correct value (TINYINT is by definition unsigned in T-SQL).

Is this a bug in FreeTDS? Can you comment on this?

Regards,

--
Sergio A. de la Cruz Rodriguez
Software Developer, MySQL Developer Tools