freetds - Re: [freetds] Getting error messages to the (PHP) user

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark A. Hershberger" <mah AT everybody.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Getting error messages to the (PHP) user
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:31:27 -0500

On 03/05/2013 10:45 AM, James K. Lowden wrote:
> Server messages arrive with a severity code. By convention, severity
> codes >= 10 are "errors" in the sense that the user can't fix them.

But I'm seeing the hard-coded message for errors in my SQL that *I*
should fix.

For example, I was getting the hard-coded message till I patched the
freetds library. Now I see the following:

$ php import-sql.php
Error: [HY000] Incorrect syntax near 'AUTO_INCREMENT'. [102]
(severity 15) [CREATE TABLE ...]

Yes, I know that this is MySQL code and I need MSSQL code. The point
here is that the error message and the severity and the severity (15 >
10) is the direct result of something I can fix.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in
judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
-- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring