freetds - Re: [freetds] Sending Unicode (UTF-8) data to dbrpcparam - SQL Server receives blank string

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Abramowitz <marca AT surveymonkey.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sending Unicode (UTF-8) data to dbrpcparam - SQL Server receives blank string
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:24:05 +0000

Actually, I just tried out the git version and it appears that
everything works perfectly there and I didn't have to change any code in
pymssql.

So it seems that this was a bug present in FreeTDS 0.91 but not in the
git repo (the code looks quite different on git master from 0.91).

Now I wonder if there's a way to tweak the way pymssql does things so
that it can work properly with released versions of FreeTDS. Though
perhaps this is not worth the trouble.

Marc