freetds - Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase not connecting - acts like it is not using FreeTDS [SOLVED]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Darrell Cormier <solarisnut AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase not connecting - acts like it is not using FreeTDS [SOLVED]
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:42:13 -0600

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Darrell Cormier <solarisnut AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I have searched the archives and did not find an answer to my issue.

<SNIP>

> However, when I attempt a connection to the same server used for the tsql

> test mentioned above, I get the following message when the statement

> handle is executed:

> DBD::Sybase::st execute failed: Server message number=7202 severity=11

> state=2 line=1 server=DLUS2-SQL text=Could not find server 'dlus2' in

> sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was specified. If
> necessary,

> execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to

> sys.servers. at <path to perl script>/devices.pl line 19.

> Can't Execute the shipping data SQL statement: Server message

> number=7202 severity=11 state=2 line=1 server=DLUS2-SQL text=Could not

> find server 'dlus2' in sys.servers. Verify that the correct server name was

> specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure sp_addlinkedserver to

> add the server to sys.servers. at <path to perl

> script>/devices.pl line 19.

> <SNIP>

> Thanks,

I have solved this issue. The problem was in the way that the table
is referenced in the query using older versions DBD::SYBASE.

In the older version (i.e. roughly 2005 time frame) the "FROM"
statement in the query would require the table listed as:

evidently that has changed. I dropped the above to just <table> and
it functioned as expected.

Thanks, and sorry for the three identical original posts.

--DC

  • Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase not connecting - acts like it is not using FreeTDS [SOLVED], Darrell Cormier, 02/13/2013