freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS does not work with Sybase SQL Anywhere 10, 11 or 12 -- sp_datatype_info()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tony Esposito <Tony.Esposito AT region10.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Tony Esposito <Tony.Esposito AT region10.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS does not work with Sybase SQL Anywhere 10, 11 or 12 -- sp_datatype_info()
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 17:44:38 +0000

Last time I looked this was the only sp that was being used that did not
exist in SQL Anywhere 10-12. That's the issue -- the sp for SQLGetTypeInfo
does not exist in SQL Anywhere so it needs to be replaced in FreeTDS -- i.e.
FreeTDS needs to not be dependent on that sp in order for it to be used with
SQL Anywhere. Just need to find out what it does.

Otherwise, FreeTDS only works with Sybase ASE. I would see this as a
limitation to the product.

HTH and thanks for your efforts...