freetds - Re: [freetds] IPv6 support?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] IPv6 support?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:31:49 +0000

2013/1/28 Dick Visser <visser AT terena.org>

> Hi everyone
>
> I am currently deploying MS SQL Server 2008R2, which is running on an
> IPv6-only system.
> This seems to work OK (i.e. server can be managed and SQL server can be
> used).
> We are mostly a Linux shop, and thus have set-up our monitoring with
> Nagios on Ubuntu.
> I would like to use this Nagios plugin:
>
> http://labs.consol.de/nagios/check_mssql_health/
>
> That is written in Perl, using DBI, which uses DBD::Sybase, which in
> turn uses FreeTDS, which does not (yet) support IPv6.
>
> Would it be possible to add support for IPv6?
>
> Many thanks!
>

> --
> Dick Visser
> System & Networking Engineer
> TERENA Secretariat
> Singel 468 D, 1017 AW Amsterdam
> The Netherlands

Are you asking if anybody is willing to write support for IPv6 or if
we are happy you provide a patch for IPv6 and are you asking if we are
going to accept it? Well.. yes, we accept patches!

If you search on internet for "patch IPv6" there are quite a few.
Personally I'd use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo and write portable wrapper
if not available.

Frediano