freetds - [freetds] Good news and bad news!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Good news and bad news!
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:12:46 +0000

Hi,
about development progress.

The good news are that unsigned numbers are now supported, you can
send and receive unsigned from Sybase. Conversion to numeric from
int/money are much faster. Some overflow checking (money) are now done
correctly (although I have minor doubt about money limits).

The bad news are that MARS are not working as I'd like. Putting a
"busy" statement should not block other statements but actually cause
failures ("Attempt to initiate a new Adaptive Server operation with
results pending"). Also binary_test seems to have a strange blocking
issue.

Frediano

  • [freetds] Good news and bad news!, Frediano Ziglio, 01/21/2013