freetds - Re: [freetds] Enable freebcp to specify target database on command line

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Enable freebcp to specify target database on command line
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 19:27:59 +0000

2012/12/4 "Tony" Yu Jiang <yujiang99 AT gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> This patch allows the user to specify a target database on freebcp command
> line. This is especially useful when accessing SQL Azure, which always
> returns a connection to a system database.
>
> The patch is here:
> https://github.com/tonyjiang/freetds/commit/4d50f8835f584b042fabe42510f1cede24e5d938
>
> It'd be great if you can merge it into freebcp.
>
> Cheers,
> Tony

Thanks for the patch, on official master branch we have a similar patch:

http://gitorious.org/freetds/freetds/commit/c34afafd2fec4cbba9b245e4f13a5471c6fb8041

Do you think we should backport it on 0.91branch? Usually we do not
backport new feature on stable branch but this seems quite safe to me.

James fixed the snapshot generation a week ago so snapshots have this patch.

Regards,
Frediano