freetds - Re: [freetds] Proposed patch to datacopy to allow passwords to be read from stdin

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Proposed patch to datacopy to allow passwords to be read from stdin
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:19:26 +0100

2012/9/10 James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 21:45:16 +0100
> Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > A local file is subject to the same inspection as the process's
>> > environment. It is thus no better or worse than my solution.
>>
>> At least Linux and HP-UX does not require such things to get access to
>> command line. Environment perhaps required it but ps returns the
>> expanded command line
>
> I see. Yes, that makes sense. The only command line ps(1) could show
> would be the one passed to the kernel after the shell finished
> processing any metacharacters.
>
>> I vote for getopt too!
>
> :-)
>
>> However I think that all tools support reading from standard input too
>> so the patch would only align datacopy to other tools.
>
> OK. I withdraw my objection. Let's apply it. I continue to hope
> someone will add Kerberos to datacopy, too.

If I remember just using empty username and password will do so just
replacing strtok with strsep should work. The only problem is that
strsep are not portable but I found this link
http://www.mail-archive.com/notmuch AT notmuchmail.org/msg09941.html with
LGPL implementation.

Just add to replacements and use it!

Frediano