freetds - Re: [freetds] New freetds repo... MARS are coming!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] New freetds repo... MARS are coming!
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 19:31:36 +0100

Updates:
- there is now a new mars1 test with some initial tests. It works even
using multiple statements now (that is odbc now support mars)
- mars works under Windows (I wrote a portable tds_condition instead
of using directly pthread_cond), still to test with systems that
support CONDITION_VARIABLE
- timeout is not fully implemented.
- blob1 test works correctly, libTDS stop sending if server can't
receive that packets
- still same issue with error reporting

Frediano

2012/5/19 Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>   I created a new freetds repo at
> https://gitorious.org/~freddy77/freetds/mars-freetds.
>
> No, I'm not mad and it's not a fork. However I don't like to have my
> personal branches on the official repo.
>
> One of the main reason is to share mars branch (actually the only
> additional branch).
>
> Currently all tests passes even with mars code !!! But not all
> enabling mars... and upper layers do not currently support it and
> there are no specific tests! So... quite useless branch :)
>
> Apart from odbc support (the only library which support it) blob1 test
> fails with mars enabled due to the fact that if client does not limit
> packets sending speed server drop connection. I think this is another
> point to add to the James page on why do not use mars !! The other
> test that fails is cursor4 due to different protocol for transaction
> if mars is enabled (perhaps another small point to add to above page).
>
> Currently another problem is error reporting. If server drop
> connection all sessions should receive a network error.
>
> Frediano

  • Re: [freetds] New freetds repo... MARS are coming!, Frediano Ziglio, 06/09/2012