freetds - Re: [freetds] tinytds based on freetds crashing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tinytds based on freetds crashing
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:39:36 -0400

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:47:21 +0200
Krzysztof Chodak <krzysztof.chodak AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there really no one willing to look at my trace and trying to
> explain why server is reporting malformed packets and finally
> resetting the connection/crashing the lib?

If you would, let's please begin with a TDSDUMP log. It will contain
the TDS packet dumps and relevant information about how the client
interpreted what arrived from the server. Not least, it will show the
versions of the library and TDS protocol, and the datatypes presented.
If the library is indeed crashing, which should never happen with 0.91,
it is because it's confused about something arriving from the server.

Reading a tcpdump log *might* be necessary, but usually not. Usually
the next step, if the log isn't definitive, is to introduce more
logging and/or get a backtrace at the point of failure.