freetds - [freetds] tds_socketpair on windows

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Ludo Brands" <ludo.brands AT free.fr>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] tds_socketpair on windows
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:59:14 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to build a recent version of Freets on win32 and win64 but run
into problems with tds_socketpair. After adding a few new files to the
Visual Studio project (dbpivot.c and socketpair.c) it build fine on win64
and win32. But when calling tdsdbopen the libraries return a SYBEMEM. After
some debugging found out that the listen call (socketpair.c:65) fails. The
error returned with WSAGetLastError is WSAEOPNOTSUPP which is normal since
listen on a SOCK_DGRAM socket is not needed/supported.
Don't know what the changes to mem.c in revision 1.223 are trying to solve
but the result fails both on win32 XP sp2 and win64 win7. Can I revert this
change to mem.c locally or has this change ramifications in other source
files?

Thanks, Ludo