freetds - [freetds] git going

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] git going
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:07:19 -0500

Now that two people are inconvenienced by my lackadaisy [1], and now
that I'm putzing with Clang, I have to put my board on the git wave.
So, let's move. Let's use git.

I'll go through the old mail and start working on new scripts for git.

I should have something working this weekend. If not, we'll surely be
able to work out the kinks in the coming week. In any case, we'll be
able to release 0.91.1 per Frediano's suggestion.

I'll commit the scripts (Makefiles, actually) in CVS to misc/releng
(release engineering). During testing, the tarballs will be posted to
a "git" subdirectory of the same locations as usual on ibiblio.

We have IIRC two repositories. I don't know if either or both are up
to date.

Once we have a regular working overnight system, I'll decommission the
old one and point the new one to the normal ibiblio direcitories.